Dental Bridges in Salinas, CA
Understanding the Role of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges are used in dentistry to “bridge” the gaps where a tooth or teeth are missing or have been removed. The procedure involves artificial replacement for the loss of teeth characterized by a crown that replaces the lost teeth. The bridge is made up of two caps known as crowns and an artificial tooth.
The types of dental bridges
There are different types of dental bridges the dentist can use. The dentist will examine you and see what type is suitable for your case. They include:
Why Will Dental Bridges Help You Smile?
The benefits of using dental bridges
There are various benefits to expect from the use of dental bridges. These include:
- It is quick. With the latest development in dental technology and cosmetic dentistry, fixing the dental bridge is easy and quick. The whole procedure requires two visits to the dentist’s office.
- Natural in appearance. Dental bridges are customized to blend with the color of your existing teeth. The reason behind this is to make sure your dentition is uniform.
- Improve your appearance. Dental bridges fill up the spaces left behind by missing teeth. The dental bridges will maintain your facial tone and prevent changes in your facial musculature.
- Long lasting. If you maintain good oral hygiene, dental bridges can last from 10 to 15 years maybe more. During this period, the dental bridges will prevent your teeth from tilting, drifting, and shifting into space.
- Effective. Dental bridges will give you a healthy, uniform smile and give you a larger space for chewing.
The procedure of dental bridges
During the first visit, the dentist will take an impression of your teeth. This will be used to customize a dental bridge. During the first visit, the dentist might have to remove a thin portion of your enamel to prepare it for the procedure. The dentist will then fix temporary bridges to prevent exposure of the teeth and gums. The doctor then sends the impression to the dental lab.
The second visit is all about testing the fit of the bridge. The fit has to be perfect before the dentist fits it in. If you settled on a permanent dental bridge, the dentist will leave the bridges temporarily for two weeks before cementing it permanently.
I've been going to TLC Dentistry for almost 20 years now, and I love it there! They always seem to have the latest cutting-edge technology, they do great work, and I get compliments often on how nice my teeth look. Thank you, TLC for the great and professional work!
Bill D., Actual Patient